The Pocono Family YMCA believes that childcare should provide opportunities and experiences that stimulate a child’s physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development. All Programs meet the developmental needs of particular age groups. We are working to make sure your child will succeed in life because they are our future.
The Pocono Family YMCA operates high-quality, licensed, Keystone STARS childcare program, that utilizes the PA Standards and Creative Curriculum. In addition to the standards and curriculum, lesson plans integrate child-led activities. Each child will be able to understand and demonstrate the four values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
*We are currently accepting registrations for Stroudsburg Schools, JM Hill, East Stroudsburg Elem. and Bushkill.
Remember to Sign Up for REMIND! Get the most update information and alerts for your child!
Learning & Caring Center: 2223LCC
Stroudsburg Schools: 2223Strou
East Stroudsburg Schools: 2223easts
Follow these steps to help you choose the child care program that works best for your family. Begin by visiting several child care homes or centers. On each visit, think about your first impression and continue to ask yourself these questions:
1. Does the program look safe for my child?
2. Do the caregivers/teachers who will care for my child enjoy talking and playing with children?
3. Do they talk with each child at the child’s eye level?
4. Are there plenty of toys and learning materials within a child’s reach?
Even after you choose child care and your child has started attending, check-in periodically to make sure that care remains satisfactory.
By listening closely and asking yourself these questions, you will continue to gather important clues on the quality of the child care.
1. What does the child care setting sound like?
2. Do the children sound happy and involved?
3. What is the teacher’s tone of voice?
4. Does the teacher seem cheerful and patient?
A place that is too quiet might indicate insufficient planned activity. A place that is too noisy might indicate a lack of guidance.
1. Count the number of children in the group and the number of staff members caring for them. Usually, the fewer the number of children for each adult, the more attention your child will get.
2. A small number of children per adult is most important for babies and younger children.
3. The license should be posted and list the number of children allowed.
The knowledge and experience of the adults caring for your child are very important.
1. Find out about their special training.
2. Ask about the background, education, and experience of all staff, including aides, supervisors, and program directors.
3. Ask the same questions about any other adults who will have contact with your child in the home or center. Quality caregivers/teachers are happy to answer these questions.
The Learning and Caring Center strives to provide a warm, loving and nurturing environment for your infant through 5-year-old child. All of our programs are designed to help your child develop socially, intellectually and physically through age-appropriate activities. We open Monday through Friday at 6:30am and close promptly at 6:30 pm.
*We are currently taking registrations for all classes! (Ages 6 weeks-5 years old)
Infants (Six weeks-12 months)
- 5 days/week: $213.00
- 3 days/week:$128.00
- 2 days/week: $85.00
Young Toddlers (12 months-24 months)
- 5 days/week: $190.00
- 3 days/week:$114.00
- 2 days/week: $76.00
Older Toddler (24 months-36 months)
- 5 days/week: $186.00
- 3 days/week:$110.00
- 2 days/week: $74.00
We welcome your 3-5-year-old to join us for circle time and literature activities including crafts and structured play including playground fun. This group also has the opportunity to swim twice a week at the Y learning how to use water safely. Programming includes CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Children’s Health) activities and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math).
children are such curious creatures. They explore, question and wonder and by doing so, they learn. If a child stays curious, he or she will continue to investigate and discover. Here at the YMCA, we help foster a natural curiosity with our unique curriculum.
1. STEAM programming
2. Early Language & Literature
3. Character Development
4. Arts & Crafts
5. CATCH – Coordinated Approach to Children’s Health
6. Swim Lessons
Registrations are being accepted. To register please stop by the Pocono Family YMCA at 809 Main Street, Stroudsburg, PA 18360 to fill out the registration form.
- 5 days/week: $180.00
- 3 days/week:$108.00
- 2 days/week: $72.00
For more information or for a tour of our facility contact us at 570-421-2525.
Monday through Friday 6:30am – 6:30pm
Full and Partial Week Fees Available.
*Please contact the Child Care director to discuss options as there maybe changes due to the COVID-19 safety protocols in place.
This program is for children in Kindergarten through Seventh Grade. It is open from 6:30 am through 6:30 pm Monday through Friday during the school year. Children must reside in the Stroudsburg School District so that they may use the school transportation.
In the morning, our staff takes each child to their respective bus in front of the Y at the appropriate time.
In the afternoon, the staff meets the children at the bus stop in front of the Y. Snacks are provided daily. Children are provided with a space to do their homework with assistance from our staff. Children will have the opportunity to participate in art, discovery, structured activities and utilize the gym regularly.
On days when there is no school, care is offered at the Y from 6:30 am until 6:30 pm. There are additional fees for scheduled and non-scheduled days off from school.
- 5 days/week Before & After Care: $125.00
- 5 days/week Before Care Only: $65.00
- 5 days/week After Care Only: $65.00
For more information call the Y at 570-421-2525
or email [email protected]
This program is a before and after school program at both JM Hill and East Stroudsburg Elementary Schools. Working with parents and the schools, we provide a safe place for the children to go before and after their school day. Whether doing their homework, playing in the gym/on the playground or working on crafts, the children learn how to work with each other and become a team. Care is offered from 6:30 am until school begins and when school ends until 6:30 pm.
On days when there is no school, care is offered at the Y on Main Street in Stroudsburg for children registered for this program from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm. There are additional fees for these days and the space is limited since we serve both Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg schools.
When there is a two-hour delayed opening the program begins at 7:30 am.
- 5 days/week Before & After Care: $125.00
- 5 days/week Before Care Only: $50.00
- 5 days/week After Care Only: $75.00
For more information stop by the Y or call 570-421-2525 or by email at [email protected]