AFEP (Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program): This class, formally titled P.A.C.E., will increase range of motion, flexibility, and strength. Ideal class for the first time exerciser or those with arthritis.
Bootcamp: Get your heart pumping with our instructor taking you through a circuit training workout to get you moving.
Chair Yoga: A gentle form of yoga that is practiced sitting in a chair, or standing while using the chair for support.
Mat Strong: Strength training done from your mat. Using your bodyweight, bands, or small toning weights you will transform your body from the comfort of your mat.
Silver Sneakers: These signature classes are designed specifically to help Medicare eligible individuals (65 and older) improve overall fitness.
Stretch & Tone: Ideal for beginner exercises, or anyone looking to balance out their workouts with a low-impact class that will help to build muscle endurance while learning proper techniques for stretching.
Zumba: The Latin-inspired, dance-fitness program that blends red-hot international music, and contagious steps to form a “fitness party” that is downright addictive.
Zumba Toning: This class blends body-sculpting techniques and specific Zumba® moves into one calorie-burning, strength-training class. Zumba® Toning utilizes the principles of fitness interval training and resistance training to maximize caloric output, fat burning and total body toning.
The Y is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for everyone, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs. We expect people using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others.
In consideration of all members and to ensure your own safety while at the Y, we ask that you respect our facility regulations:
1. Children under the age of 10 must be escorted AT ALL TIMES by a responsible adult 18 years or older.
2. No one under 12 years of age is permitted in the Fitness Center 12-15 young adults will be permited to use the fitness center accompanied by an adult 25 years or older or unless they have completed the Teen Strength program. Youth 12-15 years old may use the equipment after successfully completing the Teen Strength Training Program. Their Teen Strength Cards are required to be worn upon entry to the Fitness Center.
3. The Y is a smoke-free area. Smoking is not permitted on any of the Y premises, including the walkway at our front entrance.
4. Members must scan their membership ID’s at the Member Service Desk upon entering the facility. Guests must present ID at the Member Service Desk upon entering the facility.
5. Members and guests should use only the front door when entering or exiting the building.
6. Members should keep their belongings locked in a locker. The Pocono Family YMCA is not responsible for items lost or stolen in the building.
7. The handicap spaces in the parking lot are for cars with appropriate license plates or placards only. Members without appropriate credentials displayed on their cars are not permitted to park in these spaces at any time.
8. Children age 5 and under may accompany their parent/guardian into the opposite sex locker room with adult supervision. For older children, a family changing room is available across from the pool entrance.
9. Locks are not to be left on lockers overnight. The Y reserves the right to remove any locks left on the lockers overnight.
10. Cell phone use in the locker room is prohibited! Please turn off your cell phone when in the locker rooms.
11. Gym bags are not to be left on the floor in the fitness center. All items found lying on the floors in the fitness center will be removed.
12. Sexual misconduct and/or harassment are not permitted.
13. Abuse, foul language, and/or fighting are not permitted.
14. Weapons (i.e. firearms and knives) are not permitted.
Failure to comply with the above regulations may result in the termination of your membership privileges. VIOLATORS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE!
Love our virtual group exercise classes? Beginning 1/20/2021, access to online group exercise classes will be provided exclusively through our new Y Wellness 24/7 platform!
We are so excited to provide you with our virtual wellness platform, available anytime from anywhere: Y Wellness 24/7. Y Wellness 24/7 is available exclusively to our members, providing live and on-demand group exercise, and sports and play programs with 29 YMCAs representing Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and New York. The platform also includes access to 1000s of on-demand classes from instructors nationwide including classes in training, mindfulness, nutrition, stress management, and more. The Weekly live classes will now include NEW choices such as cycling, Tai Chi, dance jam, counrty head, cardio sculpt, bootcamp & licensed classes such as RUMBLE, PIYO & Turbo Kick. Plus, over 20 NEW senior classes per week such as Zumba GOLD, Better Balance, Senior Circuit, & more!
HOW IT WORKS?
Once you create your login to the virtual wellness platform, your primary screen will feature the instructors and teachers of the Pocono Family YMCA and other YMCA associations participating on our platform as well as access to 1000’s of classes from other instructors, nationwide.
We will frequently update our library with on-demand classes convieniently available to you anytime, anywhere you want to participate!
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
If you’ve already setup your virtual wellness platform account, re-visit your account to browse and take classes
New to Virtual Wellness:
First time user? <CLICK HERE> to create your own platform login. You will only need to do this once. (This link is for members of the YMCA; those creating an account without membership will be removed on a weekly basis.)
TROUBLESHOOTING AND INSTRUCTIONS
Having an issue? Please review some of our most frequently encountered issues and answers below:
Y WELLNESS 24/7 QUESTIONS
Will there be a cost increase?
No, as always, the virtual platform is included with your Pocono Family YMCA membership.
There are a lot of new classes; how do I find my favorite instructors? With the influx of new classes and videos, if you like a specific instructor, we recommend that you use the “follow” feature to save favorite instructors to your account. How to follow an instructor? Click on a class hosted by that instructor. Navigate to the three tabs (class, reviews, instructor) at the bottom of the page and click on “instructor” and then click “FOLLOW”
Already in our virtual platform but having an issue? Check here:
I am having trouble logging in. I navigate to the login screen and I’m asked for payment.
Y Wellness 24/7 is provided as a free benefit of your membership. You should not be requested to enter payment information. This is an error; please contact [email protected] to correct this.
My screen is not clear? Connection seems fuzzy?
The virtual wellness platform has a new troubleshooting steps to assist you:
1. Click the blue NETWORK button on the bottom left of your screen to determine if your connection is strong or if there are network issues on your end.
2. If your connection looks good, please email Steffanie Bush at [email protected] to report this issue.
I cannot hear audio for my class using my phone.
Click the new RESET AUDIO button to re-sync the audio on your device. This should correct the issue but if you continue to have issues please email Steffanie Bush at [email protected] to report.
I’m using my phone and my screen in blank?
This could be due to your browser settings. Adjust the settings on your phone to allow Safari (iphone) or your current browser access to camera and microphone.
I can’t edit my profile?
This issue is being worked on and is coming soon.
If you continue to have difficulty logging in, please contact [email protected].
I had a login to the virtual wellness platform before and now it’s not working.
Please contact [email protected] as they can quickly correct this issue.
Why can’t I see myself when I click the ‘camera’? Why can’t I invite friends?
We see those features too! Those features are currently in development and are not currently working. But they are coming soon!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How much does the new virtual platform cost?
Our new virtual platform is INCLUDED with Pocono Family YMCA membership categories.
I am having trouble navigating the platform, help!
Please contact [email protected] to ask questions about platform navigation. For Y specific questions, like programming suggestions, contact Steffanie Bush at [email protected] our virtual platform staff ambassador with questions.
I do not see my favorite instructor on the virtual platform, how come?
Y Wellness 24/7 welcomed all group exercise instructors to audition for the virtual platform. Some instructors, for personal reasons, selected to not audition and/or participate in this new virtual journey. All of our instructors are highly qualified, caring and motivating professionals and we are so grateful for their presence at our Y. If you do not see your favorite instructor on the virtual platform, please contact Steffanie Bush at [email protected], and she will be more than happy to recommend instructors to fit your needs.
How often will the class library be updated?
The YMCA on-demand library will be updated with 60+ classes each Friday. You can take classes with Pocono Family YMCA instructors and instructors from across the globe whenever you access the platform.
Can I see the virtual platform on my television?
There are a few ways to connect to your TV from a mobile device. You can use a wired connection (more information here). Or depending on your device, you can also stream classes directly to a smart TV.
Apple iOS devices can cast to Chromecast enabled devices and have the ability to use Apple’s native Screen Mirror feature.
Android app versions higher than 4.3.6 are able to cast to the following devices:
- Fire TV Stick
Due to the variety of devices and operating systems we recommend consulting the help documents or website associated with your specific mobile device and/or smart TV.
Will I still have access to the free, live videos currently found on your website?
We will continue to offer a limited amount of group fitness classes currently scheduled on Google meet on our Fitness page.
I have an insurance membership (ex: Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit, Tivity, Renew Active) and love your online classes. Can I access your new virtual platform?
Yes, we are pleased to announce that we are now able to track your workouts, which now qualifies these types of membership for use of the Y Wellness 24/7.