AFEP/AFAP (Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program): This class, formally titled P.A.C.E., will increase range of motion, flexibility, and strength. Ideal class for the first time exerciser or those with arthritis.
Cycle: This class is a great cardiovascular workout. Pedal through hill climbs, sprints, and many other challenging drills and exercises. … An indoor cycling class set to exciting music tracks and choreographed to provide an excellent workout and improve cardiovascular conditioning.
Chair Yoga: A gentle form of yoga that is practiced sitting in a chair, or standing while using the chair for support.
Silver Sneakers: These signature classes are designed specifically to help Medicare eligible individuals (65 and older) improve overall fitness.
20/20/20: 20 minutes each of low impact cardio, strength training, & stretching.
Zumba: The Latin-inspired, dance-fitness program that blends red-hot international music, and contagious steps to form a “fitness party” that is downright addictive.
Body Sculpting: An exercise program that uses body weights as resistance to get rid of excessive fat, strengthen your muscles, and contour your body.
Pound: A full Body Workout using lightly weighted Drumsticks. We combine Cardio, Strength Training, and Pilates with a lot of drumming.
Cardio Fusion: Focuses on Cardio, Core Body, Weight Movements, and Stretching.
Cardio Kick: New to kickboxing? Don’t be intimated! This workout provides a fun and creative intro teaching punch and kick techniques in low impact moves suitable for beginners.
Fitness Yoga: Bringing yoga to everyone safe, accessible adaptable way. Yogafit is for all fitness levels and ages, all while maintaining the essence of traditional practice.
Strong & Centered: Strength training class that works on core and balance.
AMPD: Strength training workout in cooperating kettlebells.
The Y is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for everyone, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs. We expect people using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others.
In consideration of all members and to ensure your own safety while at the Y, we ask that you respect our facility regulations:
1. Children under the age of 10 must be escorted AT ALL TIMES by a responsible adult 18 years or older.
2. No one under 12 years of age is permitted in the Fitness Center 12-15 young adults will be permited to use the fitness center accompanied by an adult 25 years or older or unless they have completed the Teen Strength program. Youth 12-15 years old may use the equipment after successfully completing the Teen Strength Training Program. Their Teen Strength Cards are required to be worn upon entry to the Fitness Center.
3. The Y is a smoke-free area. Smoking is not permitted on any of the Y premises, including the walkway at our front entrance.
4. Members must scan their membership ID’s at the Member Service Desk upon entering the facility. Guests must present ID at the Member Service Desk upon entering the facility.
5. Members and guests should use only the front door when entering or exiting the building or assigned exit for that department.
6. Members should keep their belongings locked in a locker. The Pocono Family YMCA is not responsible for items lost or stolen in the building.
7. The handicap spaces in the parking lot are for cars with appropriate license plates or placards only. Members without appropriate credentials displayed on their cars are not permitted to park in these spaces at any time.
8. Children age 5 and under may accompany their parent/guardian into the opposite sex locker room with adult supervision. For older children, a family changing room is available across from the pool entrance.
9. Locks are not to be left on lockers overnight. The Y reserves the right to remove any locks left on the lockers overnight.
10. Cell phone use in the locker room is PROHIBITED! Please turn off your cell phone when in the locker rooms.
11. Gym bags are not to be left on the floor in the fitness center. All items found lying on the floors in the fitness center will be removed.
12. Sexual misconduct and/or harassment are NOT permitted.
13. Abuse, foul language, and/or fighting are NOT permitted.
14. Weapons (i.e. firearms and knives) are NOT permitted.
Failure to comply with the above regulations may result in the termination of your membership privileges. VIOLATORS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE!
Love our virtual group exercise classes? Beginning 1/20/2021, access to online group exercise classes will be provided exclusively through our new Y Wellness 24/7 platform!
We are so excited to provide you with our virtual wellness platform, available anytime from anywhere: Y Wellness 24/7. Y Wellness 24/7 is available exclusively to our members, providing live and on-demand group exercise, and sports and play programs with 29 YMCAs representing Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and New York. The platform also includes access to 1000s of on-demand classes from instructors nationwide including classes in training, mindfulness, nutrition, stress management, and more. The Weekly live classes will now include NEW choices such as cycling, Tai Chi, dance jam, counrty head, cardio sculpt, bootcamp & licensed classes such as RUMBLE, PIYO & Turbo Kick. Plus, over 20 NEW senior classes per week such as Zumba GOLD, Better Balance, Senior Circuit, & more!
HOW IT WORKS?
Once you create your login to the virtual wellness platform, your primary screen will feature the instructors and teachers of the Pocono Family YMCA and other YMCA associations participating on our platform as well as access to 1000’s of classes from other instructors, nationwide.
We will frequently update our library with on-demand classes convieniently available to you anytime, anywhere you want to participate!